You've tried the game – now let us know what you like!

Return to forums | Return to General Discussion

This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  TheBridge 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Mojumbo
    Playtest Explorer
    9 pts

As the topic says, let us know what you liked about playing GalaCollider πŸ™‚

#898 Score: 0

Naustix
    Playtest Explorer

I enjoyed the ability to harass the enemy with just a small unit. Being able to shut down a piece of their operation with constant movements help keeps the play from becoming Turtle vs Turtle πŸ™‚

#910 Score: 0

danielledesu
    Playtest Explorer

The game itself is a very interesting concept- RTS with deck building, I was intrigued and the genres do mesh together very well!

I like how you can move and rotate the playing field, so it feels so much more alive as opposed to a regular card game. I also really like the resource swapping- it adds a small extra thing to the game and makes it easier to be able to build.

I find overall the game is fun and its nice how fast you can build ships and send them out to take over planets.

Some things I’d like to see added/ changed:

• The first game I played, I lost all my artillery and wasn’t able to build anymore after the enemy had their ships on my final planet. It would be nice to at least have some sort of chance to come back and possibly win.
    • Cards that will add specific bonuses to certain ships ex: laser does double damage this turn only.
    • This is a bit later (or quite later) down the road, but on the lines that connect between each planet, when you send a ship out to a planet, it would be cool to see it fly to the next planet. This would add more sense of realism to the game.
    #923 Score: 0

Xmasreturns
    Explorer

I enjoy the hidden gameplay elements that would be more awkward if this game were made in paper. For example, simultaneously taking turns but not knowing where the opponent is building or moving units. The idea that you can spend a card to get more information about what the opponent is doing is fine, but I’ve never really felt like it was worth it.

That being said, I think the most fun part about playing a game like this is building a whole lot of things and then seeing them accomplish something that you planned.

#1132 Score: 0

AlexTaylor
    Playtest Explorer

Simultaneous play is a big plus. This allows for the game to expand to > 2 players without blowing out play time.

Close proximity to the enemy and non-restrictive movement allows for incredibly intricate play.

I like the concept of everyone having the ability to pay a cost to draw cards, although I’m not sure I do it at the right time πŸ˜›

I do like deck building games but feel like this is currently a shortfall to the game. This is an area that could be expanded upon.

I have a few more ideas but I think I need a few more hours under my belt before I can flesh them out and bring them to the table.

#1182 Score: 0

PlanetDave
    Explorer

The 4X concept works quite well on a galactic scale. It’s very rewarding to see your card-based strategies animated on a cosmic battlefield – makes the whole experience feel huge.

I like the way resources are managed so that the player always has options. And I really like the process of invading planets, though I tend to be too aggressive and get my ships blown up, which looks awesome, so win/win.

#1206 Score: 0

skasian
    Playtest Explorer

I think the theme is quite well implemented, can’t wait till all the artwork and animations are complete.

The highlight so far for me is the combat system. Have some other thoughts too but having only played twice I’ll wait till I play more before commenting.

#2250 Score: 0

TJ
    Explorer
    1 pt

Is there an animation or notification for invasion? I had a planet taken over and I didn’t notice until it was gone.

#2264 Score: 0

Razcrux
    GalaCollider Team
    4 pts

Is there an animation or notification for invasion? I had a planet taken over and I didn’t notice until it was gone.

There is an animation and a text update for invasion but I think it is still a little buggy as of 4.61 in that it sometimes doesn’t focus on the world to show you it was captured. We are making some big changes to the replay engine between version 4 and 5 and I will try to make sure that the invasion results are more clear.

We also plan on making troops being sent to the planet be something that is more obvious [animated] and the replay of each troop appearing before the results are calculated should be something that is really shown – so yes, I know it isn’t perfect yet and hopefully it will become more exciting to watch and experience the tension of the bid going up as we get closer to finalizing the Alpha.

#2265 Score: 0

Razcrux
    GalaCollider Team
    4 pts

Thanks everyone! Digesting all your input, keep it coming. πŸ™‚

#2456 Score: 2

evolve
    Explorer
    2 pts

Tried the Alpha today with a couple games against Razcrux. Won the first one by the skin of my teeth and lost the second. I quite enjoyed the maps, they were simple and enjoyable with room for strategy while not being overwhelmed with options. Certainly want to try some more games on completely random, even if they will be a bit unmatched, it sounds fun.

I quite enjoyed how it reminded me of sold older games I have played before (Chron X, Chaos Overlords, and Dusk of Dawn). The game has some good potential and I think with further cards and deck building the meta game will get quite good. The pace was quick, the games zoomed along at times but also allowed for a nice pace that was not overwhelming once I got the hang of it. Artwork is great, and that really lends to the atmosphere of the game. Even though it’s a bare bones alpha you got the feel that there is a nice amount of depth.

#2458 Score: 0

TheBridge
    Explorer

Tried the Alpha today with a couple games against Razcrux. Won the first one by the skin of my teeth and lost the second. I quite enjoyed the maps, they were simple and enjoyable with room for strategy while not being overwhelmed with options. Certainly want to try some more games on completely random, even if they will be a bit unmatched, it sounds fun. I quite enjoyed how it reminded me of sold older games I have played before (Chron X, Chaos Overlords, and Dusk of Dawn). The game has some good potential and I think with further cards and deck building the meta game will get quite good. The pace was quick, the games zoomed along at times but also allowed for a nice pace that was not overwhelming once I got the hang of it. Artwork is great, and that really lends to the atmosphere of the game. Even though it’s a bare bones alpha you got the feel that there is a nice amount of depth.

Thanks for the feedback. We have a lot planned with our card meta and with the just the game in general, definitely happy you enjoyed it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.