What features and ideas would you like to see in this game?

Return to forums | Return to General Discussion

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Flap 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Razcrux
    GalaCollider Team
    4 pts

You’ve read the about page and clicked on various pages and have dreams about what this game might become. Share those with us! We will listen and read to everything we hear. We want to make this game as good as it can possibly be.

#858 Score: 1

Daevo
    GalaCollider Team
    1 pt

Personally I’d be really excited to see “hero cards” and other cards that feature individual aliens/characters in addition to ships, developments, and sectors.

#1207 Score: 0

skasian
    Playtest Explorer

A mulligan system would be great. Currently you can h ave a really really rough start with certain hands 🙁

#2251 Score: 0

TJ
    Explorer
    1 pt

Player profiles and avatars.

#2252 Score: 0

Razcrux
    GalaCollider Team
    4 pts

Thanks everyone! Some replies to the above:

• Hero cards are one of the 7 card types planned and developed. We have 3 currently in the game… so yes, they are coming. But probably not in the short term since we need to stick to the minimum-viable game, get it released and then we can add new card types.
    • Mulligan is is also planned, this feature should be coded before we release from Beta to public release, but I suppose there is always a chance that it doesn’t make the final cut – but it is absolutely planned.
    • Avatars, this is actually coming in the next version! We are currently in Alpha4, Avatars will be in Alpha5 – however they may be generic in Alpha5 [tied to the deck rather than the player] and then in a subsequent release we will connect them to the actual player’s profile. This will let us get Alpha5 out as quickly as possible and then we can enhance it before we move from Alpha to Beta.

Keep them coming, thanks again for taking the time to give feedback.

#2373 Score: 1

PowerToMario
    Explorer
    2 pts

One of the mechanics I enjoyed when I played “Civilization 3” was the ability to rest control of cities through the use of culture. Enough cultural pressure from a neighboring Civ, and that city would change allegiances.

Not certain how a social pressure mechanic would play into this game, but having the ability to take control of sectors without force might be cool.

#2389 Score: 1

Gilman
    Explorer
    1 pt

Political influence mechanics/cards have been planned for the game although I personally don’t know how that system will work yet

#2390 Score: 0

TheBridge
    Explorer

One of the mechanics I enjoyed when I played “Civilization 3” was the ability to rest control of cities through the use of culture. Enough cultural pressure from a neighboring Civ, and that city would change allegiances. Not certain how a social pressure mechanic would play into this game, but having the ability to take control of sectors without force might be cool.

That would be interesting. Could be through the use of hero cards. Some heroes could be more diplomatic than others!

#2566 Score: 1

BabyLionCub
    Explorer
    1 pt

I am very much looking forward to the possibility of playing co-op with my friend against AI. In regards to this, I wonder how far you plan on delving into this concept. Will it be 2v2PvE skirmish or are there possibilities for two player story campaigns and 2 player raids and the like?

Thanks

#2571 Score: 0

Razcrux
    GalaCollider Team
    4 pts

I am very much looking forward to the possibility of playing co-op with my friend against AI. In regards to this, I wonder how far you plan on delving into this concept. Will it be 2v2PvE skirmish or are there possibilities for two player story campaigns and 2 player raids and the like?
    Thanks

Multiplayer co-op vs. AI and/or other players is absolutely planned for the future. This includes raids and also as part of the ongoing campaign quests.
    :*)
    Hit us up on the contact form if you are interested in becoming a playtester and/or bug tester.

#2572 Score: 0

BabyLionCub
    Explorer
    1 pt
    Hit us up on the contact form if you are interested in becoming a playtester and/or bug tester.
    Multiplayer co-op vs. AI and/or other players is absolutely planned for the future. This includes raids and also as part of the ongoing campaign quests. :*)
    Already have 😉
    Perfect. Going to have my friend sign up for this too. Is any of the vs AI PvE modes in the game yet?
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  BabyLionCub.
    #2576 Score: 0

BabyLionCub
    Explorer
    1 pt

Tried to edit away those lines and clean up my previous post. It had quite the opposite effect and now I can’t edit it anymore so sorry for the mess =)

#2580 Score: 0

Razcrux
    GalaCollider Team
    4 pts

Tried to edit away those lines and clean up my previous post. It had quite the opposite effect and now I can’t edit it anymore so sorry for the mess =)

We don’t have coop and 3+ player modes coded yet, current priority is getting the game ready for release and then we will add on these features once the player base and community is growing. Save/load game, user accounts, deck builder and a solid tutorial are our current priority items for Alpha5. 🙂

#2626 Score: 0

Flap
    Explorer
    2 pts

2 suggestions :

• Maybe could the winner be allowed to play one extra turn. Just for the pleasure of enjoying the galaxy he has won. (Or maybe to win more points if there is a score system)
    • Possibility to turn animations off (explosions…). They cause slow down on my computer.
    #2634 Score: 0

Flap
    Explorer
    2 pts

Developments that have a negative effect, or which you still own even after the planet has been conquered :
    You know that your planet will be invaded, so why not using one of its slots to create neagtive effect, or install a spying station, smugglers which will divert some of the ressources to you, eat stars, or just use a slot … But of course, if the ennemy does not take the system, you are the one which will suffer the effect.

Going further, we could have “drop ships”, which could drop such  (or any ?) development on contested planet.

Finally, we could have cards allowing us to bombard our own planet, to get rid of such nasty developments, or to destroy our juicy shipyard, just before our system is taken over.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.